Residential Treatment at Janus
Janus offers two separate residential treatment programs for drug and alcohol rehabilitation: a
co-educational Adult Residential Program and a Perinatal Residential Program for women who are pregnant or parenting young children (up to age 3). Both programs combine individualized treatment with group process and education, connecting clients with support systems within the community.
Our residential treatment programs provide a supportive, safe and comfortable environment where we actively promote healing and recovery. Residential treatment at Janus is evidence-based, with proven positive outcomes. Our residential program completion rate is among the highest in the nation, with 80% of our clients in the program completing treatment – a research-proven measure of success.
A Supportive Start on the Path to Successful Recovery
Our residential treatment program develops and supports your motivation to recover, instilling a real commitment to change. People entering treatment use words like frustration, pain and failure to describe their lives. As you live with us and work with us, you will replace those words and feelings with hope, strength,. opportunity, and happiness.
What is Treatment at Janus?
You and your counselor will work together to create an individual treatment plan to use as a guide during your stay. Our program is based on a 28-day model, but some clients benefit from less time in residential treatment when it is immediately followed by an intensive outpatient program. Treatment at Janus is designed with and for you truly individualized care for real results.
Days in our residential program are filled with individual and group counseling sessions, education programs and assignments designed to improve your knowledge of the recovery process. You’ll listen to motivating speakers share their recovery experiences and enjoy the opportunity to attend supportive groups like AA and NA.
Fitness and physical activities at a nearby gym, a swimming program at a local swim center and hiking excursions are available to you while in treatment. Bi-weekly yoga classes, acupuncture and daily recreational walks at one of the most beautiful beaches in Santa Cruz are all options for you to choose as part of your treatment.
The Janus Residential Treatment Program includes:
- Individualized treatment planning
- Nationally-recognized “best practices” including cognitive-behavioral therapy & motivational interviewing
- Screening & referral for co-occurring disorders if appropriate
- Chemical dependency assessment
- Group & individual counseling
- Alcohol & other drug recovery education
- Skills development activities & groups
- Introduction to community & peer recovery support
- Swimming, hiking, beach walks, & gym visits
- Yoga, acupuncture & art therapy
- Delicious & healthy food
- Family programs & family therapy
- Relapse prevention skills training
- Treatment coordination & advocacy with court system, union or your employer as needed
- Aftercare planning
Janus’ Lifetime Aftercare Counseling Program is a comprehensive, ongoing support group for all clients who have completed treatment at Janus. This is a lifetime benefit for all alumni. Meetings are offered every week. Call us at (866) 526-8772 for details.
How can we help?
Call or Come In
Janus of Santa Cruz
200 7th Ave. Suite 150
Committing high standards to your treatmentJanus of Santa Cruz is licensed by the State of California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs to provide the following treatment programs:
- Residential Detoxification for Adults
- Residential and Day Alcohol and Drug Treatment for Adults
- Residential and Day Alcohol and Drug Treatment for Pregnant Women
- Outpatient Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Opiate Addiction Treatment / Methadone and Buprenorphine
- First and Multiple Offender Driving Under the Influence Programs