Janus offers a residential treatment program that serves women who are pregnant or parenting young children (up to age five). The central goal of the program is supporting both mother and child in recovery and children live with their mothers during their stay at Janus. The length of stay is typically 90 days, but it can be tailored to the needs of each woman.
Perinatal Residential Treatment
Our Perinatal program is an intensive combination of group, individual and family treatment, housed in Janus’ Mondanaro-Baskin Center for Women and Children. Although specific to drug and alcohol dependency, the program also allows for treatment of coexisting physical or psychiatric conditions that could jeopardize recovery.
The Perinatal Treatment Program:
- Teaches skills and behaviors conducive to a drug-free lifestyle
- Utilizes evidence-based best practices
- Teaches skills for coping with trauma-related issues
- Provides medical, legal and vocational/educational support
- Provides co-op childcare and an effective parenting program
- Employs motivational counseling and community support
- Encourages involvement in recovering self-help communities
- Provides Lifetime AfterCare Group Counseling
- Coordination of medical services with weekly nursing consultation and support
Janus’ Lifetime Aftercare Counseling Program is a comprehensive, ongoing support group for all clients who have completed treatment at Janus. This is a lifetime benefit for all alumni. Meetings are offered every week. Call us at (866) 526-8772 for details.
How can we help?
Call or Come In
Janus of Santa Cruz
200 7th Ave. Suite 150