Intensive Outpatient Programs
With our Intensive Outpatient Programs, clients come to Janus for classes, group meetings and education, but can continue their careers and daily activities while receiving treatment. Our Intensive Outpatient Programs offer a level of care for those who can benefit from treatment and have a strong support system, like family and friends who are support sobriety.
The program is ‘intense’ because it meets for 3 nights a week and 3 hours per session for up to 30 sessions. But it is outpatient, so participants need support and a safe and sober place to live. Although specific to drug and alcohol dependency, our Intensive Outpatient Programs also allow for treatment of coexisting physical or psychiatric conditions that could jeopardize recovery.
All of our Outpatient clients enjoy access to the Janus Family Program – a four-week educational and therapeutic service provided to clients and their family members and facilitated by a Licensed Family Therapist.
Individualized Outpatient Treatment includes:
- Chemical dependency assessment
- Individualized treatment planning
- Group and individual counseling
- Alcohol and other drug recovery education
- Skills development activities and groups
- Introduction to community and peer recovery support
- Family Program, including family therapy
- Relapse prevention skills training
- Treatment coordination and advocacy with court system, union or employer
- Lifetime Aftercare Group Counseling
- Emphasis on successful transition from the program
- Seeking Safety- an evidence based practice
Janus offers a choice of one co-educational group and a women’s-only program:
- Co-ed Intensive Outpatient Program: 5:45pm-9pm, Mon, Weds & Fri.
- Women’s Intensive Outpatient Program: 8:45am-12pm, Mon, Weds & Fri.
Intensive Outpatient Program meetings are held at Janus Main: 200 7th Avenue, Santa Cruz.
Janus’ Lifetime Aftercare Counseling Program is a comprehensive, ongoing support group for all clients who have completed treatment at Janus. This is a lifetime benefit for all alumni. Meetings are offered every week. Call us at (866) 526-8772 for details.
How can we help?
Call or Come In
Janus of Santa Cruz
200 7th Ave. Suite 150